From Walton County
The Walton County Customary Use Hearing on Saturday, Nov. 3 will be held at South Walton High School, located at 645 Greenway Trail, Santa Rosa Beach. The meeting will begin promptly at 9 a.m. Doors to the venue will be open at 8 a.m.
The following information is being presented in order to provide the public with information about the meeting location and venue.
Parking – Entry will be made into the school from U.S. 331. Please do your best to arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. to assist with smooth entry in to the auditorium. The parking for the meeting will be located behind the high school in the student parking lot. There will be volunteers on hand to assist the public with parking. Additionally, there will be a reserved lot in which the public will not be allowed to park.
• Building Entry – There will be two entry and exit points from the school. One at the back of the Auditorium and adjacent to the largest parking lot.
• Security – Walton County Sheriff’s Office Deputies will be on hand to scan those entering the building. There will be two entrances to the building. Scanning will be done at the doors as you enter the building. Please plan accordingly and do not have any items on your person that would not be allowed in the BCC board rooms during any regular meeting.
• Entry into the Auditorium – All entry to the auditorium must be done through the front auditorium doors. All side doors will be available for exit, but re-entrance must come through the main doors.
• Special Needs Seating – A special needs seating section will be located in the back right of the auditorium when looking at the state. Please be sure that these seats are left available for those that need them.
• Food and Drink – There will be no food allowed in the auditorium. The only beverage allowed in the auditorium will be bottled water. You may bring a snack or small item to eat, however, they must be eaten in the school’s cafeteria and not the auditorium. Vending machines are available in the hall.
• Lunch and Breaks – You may feel free to enter and exit the auditorium during the meeting and all breaks without having to go back through security. If you leave the building for any reason, you will be required to be re-scanned prior to re-entry.
• Public Comment – Please adhere to the Walton County Board of Commissioners Meeting Procedures as found on the County website at https://www.co.walton.fl.us/DocumentCenter/View/11272/WCBCC-Meeting-Procedures?bidId=.
Please reference the map for location information.
Additionally, if there are large groups that are planning to attend the meeting, we recommend that those who can carpool take that opportunity.
A live stream of the meeting will be available on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22sjauBXa_GnLZgr1ElZfQ