Walton County Heritage Museum

Learn more about the history of Walton County

Train Depot Museum

Walton County Courthouse

Growing to meet the needs of the community

Courthouse

Lake DeFuniak

One of only two perfectly round lakes in the world

Fun and relaxation

Hotel DeFuniak

Built in 1920, completely restored, the perfect place to stay!

Awesome
Weather Forecast
July 2014
M T W T F S S
« Jun    
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

May 18th, 2009 | 0

 gov-stone.jpg

THE GOVERNOR STONE is a wooden, shallow-drafted, two- masted schooner intended to move cargo throughout the bays and inland waters of the northern Gulf Coast region.  Built in 1877, the vessel is named after the first post-Civil War Governor of Mississippi, John Marshall Stone. There is now an effort to have the Stone moored near Freeport at the confluence of Four-Mile Creek and Lafayette Creek.

Comments are closed.